An adrenaline fuelled cousin of the Vodka Martini, this Espresso Martini recipe adds caffeine to your libation. A young cocktail, the Espresso Martini is one of the late Dick Bradsell‘s most famous creations.
As the name suggests, this cocktail is coffee based, with espresso and coffee liqueur shaken with vodka.
Emulating the froth of a cappuccino, shaking an Espresso Martini gives it a frothy head. This allows you to place a coffee bean garnish on top without it sinking.
- 50ml vodka
- 10ml Kahlúa
- Simple Syrup
- 25ml (1 shot) Espresso
- Coffee Beans
- Chill your glass in preparation
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes
- Add 50ml of vodka and 10ml of Kahlúa to the shaker and shake to mix
- Strain in to the chilled glass
- Add a coffee bean(s) to the top to garnish